View Single Post
Old 25th May 2013, 18:29   #17311  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winenut View Post
Ok. Figured it out...thought don't know why.

There is one difference between 44.03 and 44.06...and that is the opencl.dll. In 44.03 there is just the opencl.dll (which I assume is 32-bit), and it 44.06 you have a newer version, which includes separate 32-bit and 64-bit dlls. I assume the opencl.dll invokes one or the other depending on the operation system.

But for my 64-bit version of Windows, the newer combo fails. However, if I substitute the older opencl.dll from 44.03 (replacing the 3 newer modules), it works.

I have to assume I'm not only one with a 64-bit version of Windows 7...so not sure why this doesn't work for me.

Basically with the older version, it loads the FFdshow and Haali subtasks (into the tray) and starts encoding. With the newer versions, it just stops (and fails).

Steve
I don't know why you refuse to use the latest version (v0.44.09) -- but if you did your problem wouldn't have existed -- because that X264 doesn't need opencl.dll at all.

For that older version BD-RB looks at your O/S and renames the appropriate DLL so it will be used.