View Single Post
Old 12th January 2010, 08:39   #6582  |  Link
consultant

I'm using RipBot264 to do my first backup of one of my Blu-Rays. I'm planning on streaming the backup to my PS3 for viewing and possibly on occasion burning the movie onto a DL DVD (until BDs get cheaper). My first 'test' movie is Ratatouille. A couple quick questions to fellow RipBot users:

1) There wasn't one m2ts file that stood out as the largest, so I select the 00000 file. Ripbot popped a window up that seemed to indicate to pieced together the entire move as it indicated 1: Chapters, 31 Chapters. Question: Is it going to rip EVERYTHING of the disc or did it just piece together the main movie? If everything, is there not an easy way then to rip the main movie when it isn't all in one large 20GB m2ts file? Note that one thing I DO want is to try to preserve the audio quality as best as possible.

2) I've been reading and reading about differences between MKV and M2TS containers and am still not clear. I see RipBot offers both (assuming AVCHD is option that creates M2TS?) Considering first and foremost I'm streaming to PS3 (when I backup I'm transcoding to 720P to save space), but also may want to burn a disc, should I use MKV or AVCHD option inRipBot?

Thanks in advance for throwing me a bone on this.
consultant is offline   Reply With Quote