View Single Post
Old 27th February 2016, 09:53   #2915  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Ok. Regarding BM, thanks manolito and Deach for your confirmation. Your support is great! With low priority, in the next days/weeks I will update the thread dedicated to the BM development with some related information, just for future tracing purposes [...hem, especially to remind myself about the "status quo", since three versions of BatchMux are affected: 1.4.1, 1.5.1 and 1.6.1... :-( ...].

manolito, concerning the other small glitch (chaptering based on MPG container) I totally agree with your considerations and proposed solution. It's a relatively minor issue, indeed, since the backup of unticking the checkbox to prefer the source chapters allows to live with the problem...

About speeding up the AviSynth operations, IMO things are definitely not simple to deal with. The (radically different) applicative approach "A la DVD Rebuilder", of dividing the source assets in chuncks (titles, chapters or segments), with one CPU dedicated to the operations for each individual chunk, would be probably beneficial. But it is just a matter of speculations, since in the context of AVS2DVS is would be probably almost impossible to implement (again IMHO, these conjectures here are just "free wheel thinking") and the B/C ratio would be for sure extremely low...

Maybe exploring furthermore the usage of AviSynth MT or AviSynth+, strictly with MT plugins, would give higher benefits, with a relatively minor effort, if the throughput of the job is the priority...

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 27th February 2016 at 10:20.
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote