View Single Post
Old 1st June 2019, 10:53   #3188  |  Link
dr_ml422

Thank you very much manolito for all your help and your input! everything seems to be working fine with AVSTODVD now, especially after I installed Java. I think that it probably was the source a bit that was a bit dark and so when putting it through AVS to DVD it just came out just a little bit darker but it was dark to begin with. The movie was "Unforgiven" and that movie is dark to begin with anyway. Yes I stayed with the 32-bit applications myself because as I said many of the 64-bit applications just don't take well for whatever reason. I don't think they pay too much mind to it seeing that here in the states we're way behind in a lot of things especially with 64-bit computing. There's not too much of a speed gain that you will get with 64-bit and video work. The only observable gains that you will ever get with video work and encoding is having at least a quad-core and up CPU and of course the appropriate Ram to go with it.

if there's anything that needs to be looked at would be the preview window which as I noticed all you have to do if it doesn't show up the first time is just close it and open it up again and then you will get the picture going. other than that everything has been working very very well with Windows 10 64-bit home premium and the last build before the next 1809 update.

Manolito I'm going to take a look at DVD Styler as it's been getting a lot a lot of positive reviews online if you haven't noticed it yet. Seems they've been keeping up with it and keeping it present with any bugs and fixes etc etc.

Yes you're correct about the ffmpeg encoder and how to use it correctly. I'm not that skilled knowing how to be as advanced user with those kind of things, the only thing I've seen is that VSO's convert x to DVD and anything else they use is based on the ffmpeg encoder and they seem to be doing very very well with that app. They also have some kind of optimization going on as well that I don't know about which will give you almost always a two-point 6 GB more less DVD with excellent quality.

My Specs if anyone is going to upgrade their PC.

ASRock B450M mobo
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
32gb Crucial Ballistic DDR4 Ram
Crucial 500gb NVme SSD
POWERSPEC Midtower

I'm getting 18 mins. or less with DVD-RB Pro.
1200fps with DVDFab Converter and their default settings for MKV etc...
AVStoDVD also about 18mins.

There might be a hole in the Cinavia protection when ripping to mp4 etc... I'm not 100% sure but it seems like it just kicks in when copying to DVD.
If you have a Blu-ray drive some are copying ultra hd straight to the drive also. They got hip to it with one of the LG drives.
This is the time to rack up with the DVDs as they're not paying attention to them anymore like they used to. so I went back and got some old downloads from the old Goodies which we all know without naming them which I just name one DVD shrink and the other software that came before image burn and the other one that's associated with those two and I'm getting some very very quality clean Rips!
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote