View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 22:21   #3182  |  Link
manolito

Thanks a lot for this new version, put it on my test bench already, here's what I think...

As usual I cannot comment on the new subtitle support feature. I don't do BluRay, and I don't ever use subtitles.

The same goes for the 8-channel audio downmix feature. I only do stereo (maybe mono sometimes) and 6-ch audio sources, I never came across an 8-ch audio source. I would suggest to ask Tebasuna about the new downmix.avsi.

The new muxing routine for sources without any audio tracks works fine. The only thing I found is that for such cases the AVS script is not deleted, even if the options to delete helper files are ticked. No big deal. BTW you could have continued using mplex even for video-only sources by omitting the -L option of mplex.

Always specifying the YV12 colorspace option for ffms2 works perfectly.

Adding the ConvertAudioToFloat function to SSRC does not work for PAL speedup or NTSC slowdown. For a command like this:
Quote:
AssumeFPS("pal_film", sync_audio=true).SSRC(48000)
the ConvertAudioToFloat call does not get added. BTW for the sake of consistency you should use ConvertAudioToFloat() with the brackets.

And now really nitpicking...
The new AviSynth detection routine using AVSMeter works nicely, but it sure slows down the AVStoDVD startup. Not too bad on my Core i5 Win 7 laptop, but very much on my ancient desktop machine. (please ignore this...)

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 22nd May 2019 at 00:25.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote