View Single Post
Old 4th August 2008, 13:11   #21  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
The idx cannot be added manually either (Container configuration / Add... / Open ....).
You mean you select it with the file browser but nothing shows up in the list? Maybe the IDX file is empty, dunno if StaxRip would show a warning in this case, hopefully it would.

Quote:
-Every time I run the Compression Check the help descriptor box 'Runs the compressibilty check which helps to find a optimal bitrate.' opens and stays open throughout the Comp Check procedure. It goes away as soon as the Check is finished. Technically the 'a' should be 'an' since the word it is ahead of (optimal) starts with a vowel. That is nothing to worry about and in no way detracts from your awesome program.
fixed

Quote:
-Sometimes when I am adding multiple files to the job list. After I have done the Comp Check and tried differing filter combinations. Upon clicking Next to add my selection to the Job List I get the message 'The job was sent to the currently processing StaxRip instance.' yet it does not show up in the Job List.

Not sure what in my workflow I may be doing to cause this. Load up a video, type in the target filename then start a Comp Check with light filtering (most times Undot is enough) and de-interlacing if needed. My procedure varies a little depending on what I am working with. If the source is little noisy as in older shows. I'll move to a slightly stronger filtering if the file size does not get near the range I am seeking and retry the Comp Check. Sometimes if I retype the target filename and run the Comp Check again it will allow me to add it to the Jobs List. Can try to get you more info if helpful.
If you run two StaxRip instances then it's a feature, not a bug. A short description of this feature can be found in the help of the job dialog. Do you run two instances?

Quote:
When converting DVD's (i dont get this with DVB-S sources), i get an audio delay with my encoded file.
It's likely a ripping/indexing problem, not directly related to StaxRip.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote