View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2017, 22:34   #22361  |  Link
Soulnight

I posted this message today in the Madvr thread but I noticed afterwards that this is actually off-topic for madvr and that it should be posted here. I apologize still for the double post.

Nevcairiel, I need you lights ;-)

Both random and ordered 10bits to 8bits dithering from Lavvideo generate very visible noise/structure, where Madvr "ordered" dithering is invisible to my eyes! But I can't use it. Here is why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulnight View Post
Hi,
would it be possible to make dithering in Lavvideo Decoder as good or close to the one in Madvr?

I am asking because currently I use Bluesky FRC with AMD Fluid Motion to use frame interpolation of 4K 10bits 4:2:0 24p signal to 60p.
And the output of bluesky FRC in Madvr is only 8bits, as it seems that AMD Fluid Motion itself does NOT support 10bits.
BlueskyFRC convert P010 to NV12 using driver's function, BEFORE entering AMD Fluid Motion.

My target would be to have a high quality dithering BEFORE entering AMD Fluid Motion: for example in LAVVideo Decoder.

Right now, I can see random noise generated by the dithering method used by BlueskyFRC.
I also tried to deselect 10bits output in LAVvideo decoder in order to dither before in LAVvideo decoder before even entering Blueksy FRC.
However, the result is still not near as good, as when I feed the 10bits 24p signal directly to Madvr with ordered dithering selected there.

Thanks for the help.
Florian
Thx!
Soulnight is offline   Reply With Quote