View Single Post
Old 24th February 2014, 20:36   #19380  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigmatta View Post
Something i noticed and thought id ask a question about it.

My current disc im backing up with Full Backup to BD-5 option:
[00:59:52]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [00:59:52] Rebuilding BD file Structure
[01:00:01] - Encode and Rebuild complete
[01:00:01] JOB: FUTURAMA4_GREENYONDER finished.

Shouldn it say "Rebuilding AVCHD file structure? Wouldnt this cause issues trying to play on a bluray player? Im guessing its not important or a dumb question, but figured id be safe than sorry. Because blurays are still not working on any bluray player ive tested. Ive used two different computers, windows 7 and 8, and different bluray burners. It is only happening on Full Backup to bd-5/bd-9. Movie Only works fine. Ive researched this, and im not the only person whos seen this problem. Do you change any specific settings in the Imgburn settings, most specifically in the Settings/Write section? Such as the check book type options or write mode. Currently Write mode is set to auto. Auto change book type is checked by default. Clearly something strange is going on, and its either a setting in BDR or Imgburn. I also use ANYDVD HD but i doubt thats causing the issues.
If the target is smaller than or equal to a BD-9 then it should say "Rebuilding AVCHD file Structure". But... that only applies if doing a movie-only backup. BD-RB can't guarantee 100% AVCHD compatibility on a full backup -- because the menu structure may or may not be AVCHD compatible.

I've made it very clear throughout this thread that support for full backups to BD-5/9 is highly dependent upon what an individual player will support. If your player won't playback full backups to BD-5/9 -- then you either need to get a different player or make movie-only backups. I can tell you I have 2 Samsung and 3 Sony players -- and they ALL support full backups to BD-5/9. As for others... I'll have to let those who own them report their findings.

I don't want seem unsupportive -- but I can't show up at everyone's house and fix problems that are only happening to them -- and that seems to be the case with your issue.

Last edited by jdobbs; 24th February 2014 at 21:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote