View Single Post
Old 24th January 2017, 07:38   #4649  |  Link
greenfountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post

SEA was by far the slowest and also had the lowest rated stats. HEX was the fastest, followed by STAR (and of the ME range settings), and UMH.

I thought I'd throw in STAR with different ME ranges to show the difference in speed versus the quality output. I wasn't expecting the lower the ME range the higher the PSNR and SSIM, but there is also a slight increase in bitrate so it make sense. The results for fast motion scenes may be different, and higher resolutions a higher ME range is more important. The video encoded was 712x480, encoding to 2160 the same motion has to travel across significantly more pixels which I would assume would necessitate a higher ME range setting for the same detection.

The weight p and b frames are usually different to those from the clip. I guess it depends on what is in the clip. A full encode is like this (from an full encode):
x265 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:6.4% UV:4.0%
x265 [info]: Weighted B-Frames: Y:4.9% UV:2.5%

Of course, with the figures being different in each encode.
Thanks for making that comparison burfadel. Actually the focus of SEA is to make FULL faster but we cannot expect it to be faster than other motion search algorithms like HEX/STAR.
greenfountain is offline   Reply With Quote