View Single Post
Old 7th February 2021, 18:58   #5  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
I don't get it. You used Intel Parallel Studio to compile and the resulting exe is not XP compatible, right?
Then you tried to use the Microsoft Compiler with v141_xp within Intel Parallel Studio and the resulting binary is still not XP compatible?

(if that's not what you've done, then I didn't understand)
Well, I used what is called "oneAPI DPC++ Compiler" now. But yeah, that is what used to be Intel C++ compiler (Intel Parallel Studio). Apparently it is the "2021" incarnation of the Intel C++ compiler.

Intel C++ compiler integrates into Visual Studio. So, I used Visual Studio 2017 to compile MediaInfo, but with the Intel C++ Compiler.

If you select the Intel C++ compiler, you can still select the "Base Platform Toolset" separately. I selected "v141_xp" here, in order to ensure that the resulting binary will be compatible to Windows XP.

(I also tried with a "pure" MSVC binary and that works just fine under Windows XP)

By the way: That is what I have been doing for years to build MediaInfo. Binaries have been working in Windows XP thus far. Something must have changed. But I don't know what exact is different with the binary now

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 7th February 2021 at 19:26.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote