View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:03   #2002  |  Link
techreactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
@movieman99

@techreactor

got it. BTW to resume an already completed video encode, you have just to delete the log file and start again the project with the *same* settings. I will have a look at the latest ffmpeg release.
@MrC, does it mean that I can stop encoding after the Video finishes, delete the log files and with the *same* settings can then start again to move onto Audio encoding and Authoring ? and it will not re-encode the Video again ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieman99 View Post
Mr. C,

I've tried the disc I burned in two different standalone DVD players and neither had sound (one showed, when you clicked on the "audio" button, that the audio was 5.1). There is also no sound when I try to play the burned disc on my computer.

The .mkv file plays fine with sound on my computer and when plug it (i.e. the hard drive it is on) into the USB port on my Blu Ray Player.

Any further suggestions as to why the sound is not working?

Thanks,

Movieman99
@Movieman, you have a source with DTS Audio which is compliant as per the standard. You just need to pick up your encoded Video and the extracted DTS Audio and mux it using either muxman or any Authoring tool you are familiar with.

I have noticed these issues during Audio re-encoding to AC3, sometimes it doesnt work leading to no sound even if the process completed successfully. The resampled AC3 file doesnt work.

@ MrC, this is another opportunity for adding a feature for such Audio encoding issues.

- For DTS Audio, add DTS Option under Audio, DTS Audio to be copied directly to Authoring stage - no reencoding done.

- For AC3 Audio also, if you deselect the default selection of "Keep DVD complaint Audio" , it just copies the AC3 Audio from the source to the DVD Authoring Stage.

Infact this can be done for any Audio source, if you deselect the "Keep DVD complaint Audio" under Audio options.
techreactor is offline   Reply With Quote