View Single Post
Old 8th November 2011, 12:25   #3  |  Link
Mug Funky
interlace this!

nothing too special about compiling, though note that --enable-version2 is no longer a configure option.

i've known about the decoder for a while, but today's the first commit i've seen about an encoder...

it seems to be C only and doesn't seem to multithread on my work machine (though i could have misconfigured it, as the behavior with w32threads has changed recently). it's still decent fast in SD - realtime and then some.

as far as bitness... just feed it a 10-bit source. it seems to step everything up to 422p10le or whatever it's called for encoding to prores. i'm sure it'll take input from that avs2yuv mod.

i'm a bit n00b when compiling in msys (or indeed anything - it's a new world opened when my laptop HDD died and i replaced it with linux and forced myself to make it work), but i seem to have been lucky with it lately.

btw, i tested an encode in final cut pro, and it loaded fine and didn't need re-rendering. it warned about it not being optimised for FCP, but that just means it wasn't made in FCP and can be ignored. no artefacts spotted so far. i doubt there will be any. prores appears to be mjpeg adapted for multithreading.