View Single Post
Old 13th February 2018, 17:10   #27019  |  Link
Acerjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I just wanted to give everyone an update on the UHD capability. I have BD-RB working. It can import 2160p MKVs etc. It can do full backups and movie-only backups of non-protected UHD-BD sources. But... I am having a lot of trouble with audio/video sync after TSMUXER muxes them. I can't blame TSMUXER, however, because MKVMERGE has the same issue after muxing. It may be some inconsistency in the HEVC stream generated by X265, I really don't know. I don't think it is the audio, as it doesn't get reencoded, and it is handled no differently than with previous BD-RB versions.

I haven't figured out why this is happening yet, but if and when I do I'll release a test version here on Doom9. The biggest problem is that it takes anywhere between 10 and 18 hours for my system to do a full movie (even at the fastest encode speed and using one-pass ABR)... so you can only do so much in a day.

I have a system setup with a Ryzen 1700 (8-Core) running at 3.9 GHz. If you want some help getting some UHD testing done, let me know. Thank you for a great program.

Later,
Acerjen
Acerjen is offline   Reply With Quote