View Single Post
Old 28th February 2019, 21:43   #55046  |  Link
70MM
X Cinema Projectionist NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Just to say that I've reported another bug to JVC, as some of you are asking me via PMs about using 12bits with the JVCs.

You can see this if you set colorspace to RGB (what it should be according to the GPU settings): you get the wrong colors. The only way to get correct colors in 12bits is to set the JVC to 422 or auto. This has been reported to JVC so hopefully will be fixed by f/w in the new models.

Manni can you help me please as Im no expert on this...
Ive had the NX9 for about 3 weeks, I set the 1080Ti card to RGB 0-255 12bits and madvr to the same. I noticed weeks ago that my NX9 wouldnt display when I set it to RGB, however it only worked if I left it on Auto. I thought it was odd as in the past I had my X9900 set to RGB and everything was fine, I believe if all in the chain is set to RGB, the proj should be in RGB, is that correct?

I have a feeling now that since Im using 12bit and auto on the NX9 that Im now doing a conversion to 422 which I believe isnt good....

Am I ok with how I have the card/madvr/NX9 setup at the moment or should I be changing everything to 8bit until JVC fix this?

Thank you manni...

Last edited by 70MM; 28th February 2019 at 21:46.
70MM is offline   Reply With Quote