View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2020, 14:53   #594  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v42.0.0 released

Hey everyone,

I sincerely hope y'all have had a good start into the new year and are sufficiently recovered from whatever you've done over the last couple of days. I've been busy fixing up release v42 of MKVToolNix. Yeah, I'm that boring

In this release a lot of source code changed under the hood as I replaced two external libraries (Boost's "optional" and "regex" libraries) with ones from the C++ Standard Library. I tested extensively, but it's quite possible there are bugs lurking due to those changes. If you find one, please file a bug on Gitlab as usual. Thanks!

Apart from that there were many, many changes; see below for the list.

Dear package maintainers: apart from the aforementioned library changes (Boost's "optional" and "regex" are no longer used, they've been replaced with "std:ptional" and "std::regex") four new translations of man pages have been added. The required compiler versions haven't changed, though: gcc ≥ 7 and clang ≥ 4 should work fine. Please adjust your packaging instructions accordingly.

And now for the usual boilerplate:

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Version 42.0.0 "Overtime" 2020-01-02
New features and enhancements
  • mkvmerge: added an option for creating byte-identical files: "--deterministic <seed>". Part of the implementation of #2698.
  • mkvmerge: Matroska reader: mkvmerge will remove the "icpf" atom headers if they're present in frames read from Matroska files. Implements #2692.
  • mkvmerge: MP4 reader: ALAC tracks: the number of channels, sampling frequency and bit depth are now taken from the bitstream in order to fix bogus values on the container level. Implements #2714.
  • mkvpropedit: when changing track UIDs the referring elements in existing chapters & tags will be updated automatically, too. Part of the implementation of #2700.
  • mkvinfo: when the option "-p"/"--hex-positions" is used, element positions will be output regardless of the verbosity level. Part of the implementation of #2713.
  • mkvinfo: added the option "-P"/"--positions" for showing the position of each element in decimal regardless of the verbosity level used. Part of the implementation of #2713.
  • mkvinfo: added the option "-o"/"--continue" for continuing processing when the first cluster is encountered regardless of the verbosity level used. Part of the implementation of #2713.
  • mkvinfo: added the option "-a"/"--all" for outputting all sub-elements (even cues & seek head entries) and not stopping at the first cluster regardless of the verbosity level used. Part of the implementation of #2713.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added an option in the preferences for disabling adding cover images from Blu-ray discs. Implements #2693.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer: added mkvmerge's new "--deterministic" option in the "additional command-line options" dialog. Part of the implementation of #2698.
  • MKVToolNix GUI: header editor:: when changing track UIDs the referring elements in existing chapters & tags will be updated automatically, too. Part of the implementation of #2700.

Bug fixes
  • mkvmerge: HEVC ES parser: fixed a bug in the slice parser calculating the size of a field which in turn could have led to the slice's type being read wrong. Patch by Torsten Hauska. Fixes #2710.
  • mkvmerge: Matroska reader: fixed a segmentation fault when trying to read a file that uses header removal compression but no removed bytes are present in the track headers. Fixes #2687.
  • mkvmerge: MPEG elementary stream parser: fixed an invalid memory access and use of uninitialized memory that could happen under certain circumstances. Fixes #2690.
  • mkvmerge: RealMedia reader: fixed a division by zero when all audio timestamps were zero. Fixes #2689.
  • mkvmerge: RealMedia reader: fixed an invalid memory access in the video frame assembly code triggered by invalid data in the file. Fixes #2691.

Build system changes
  • "std:: optional" (C++17 feature) is now used instead of "boost:: optional".
  • "std::regex" is now used instead of "boost::regex".

Other changes
  • New man page translations into French, Italian, Russian and Chinese Traditional have been added.

Have fun

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote