View Single Post
Old 10th July 2016, 01:32   #4  |  Link
hello_hello

You're not confusing the double-blend-removal (similar to FixBlendIVTC) with the normal deblending are you?
SRestore doesn't delete the duplicate frames for double-blend-removal. You need to follow it with TDecimate for that.

I'm not sure I've come across much video containing a mixture of blending types, although maybe I just don't do a lot of deblending, but if there's different blending in different sections can you split the encode into sections and apply SRestore differently for each one? Although that does sound tedious.....

Not that I'm complaining, as SRestore is pretty good, but I still have the odd problem with bad frames when using SRestore for double-blend-removal. This time though, I discovered disabling post processing helps as post processing tends to make a bad frame worse. Not that there's a lot of them, but for the occasional job there's a bad frame where the blending pattern changes, or sometimes it's just in a portion of the image. Fading to/from black/white can induce a bad frame too. I just happened to be encoding this one a couple of days ago, so it was still fresh in my mind.
I've tried FixBlendIVTC and another double-blend-removal filter (I can't remember which off the top of my head) and if anything, SRestore is least likely to produce bad frames, but they all do it occasionally. Maybe it's a plugin issue?

Before

After

Last edited by hello_hello; 10th July 2016 at 19:03.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote