View Single Post
Old 13th April 2009, 20:17   #245  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoLLgoTT View Post
I'm really interested, because I never saw it outside of test patterns yet.
Then you haven't looked properly...

Since you mentioned the Germany My Fair Lady DVD, here's that DVD, enlarged to my PC display's native resolution of 1680x1050:

Left side is "SoftCubic50", right size "Lanczos8". The ringing you can see in the right side is not in the source at all. It's added by the Lanczos resampling algorithm. As you can see, I didn't have to search very long to find ringing. After all this is still the movie intro... Here are the full screenshots:

SoftCubic50
Lanczos8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
Looks like they're copyright Peter Finzel Productions so you'd have to get his permission to distribute them.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiboy View Post
Currently I do get lots of heavy stutter in ZoomPlayer when using the renderer though. (on secondary display with reclock) I am on a ATI radeon 4550 with 512MB of memory. I guess that card is not powerful enough, right ? I also tried disabling all quality settings but that did not change much.
Press Ctrl+J, then post your stats here. That may help us figuring out whether your GPU is fast enough or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0077 View Post
Would madshi and beliyaal consider teaming up to integrate beliyaal's work on reducing judder, syncing frames etc, with the excellent levels conversion and more, work by madshi.
Beliyaal has done great work to improve smoothness with the MPC HC renderers. But I haven't even started looking into this kind of stuff yet. I also don't know if his tweaks would work with my renderer. Maybe yes, maybe no. My renderer eats a lot more GPU shader resources than the MPC HC renderers do. Maybe if I run into trouble with implementing smooth playback, I will ask Beliyaal to come on board. But I'm not sure if he wanted that, after all madVR is closed source and I want to keep it that way. But this is too early, anyway. As I said a lot of times already, I DON'T really want to talk about smooth motion playback yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyakusha View Post
Can you add support for loading subtitles anytime soon or this is too much of work for now?
It's one of the many things still missing. I haven't decided on in which order I will tackle them. Everybody has his own priorities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
I've got a 704x576 encode with a 16/9 ar that madVR scales to 1918x1080, not 1920x1080.
Thanks, that's a simple rounding issue. Will be fixed in the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitch.fr View Post
Sorry My English isn't very well
Hello, very good job on the new renderer, but I find the latest version 0.4 less "smooth"
Again (and again and again) motion smoothness is not a thing I have really looked into yet. Did your GPU stats (see Ctrl+J), especially "average gpu rendering time" get worse with 0.4 compared to 0.3? That's a thing I would have to look into.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote