View Single Post
Old 28th September 2020, 15:33   #3333  |  Link
manolito

My pleasure...

Finished my tests with this new build, not much to report:

A very very small correction to the German language file:
Quote:
104087 SSA/ASS Untertitel in SRT konvertieren
Just cosmetic, brings it more in line with other translated lines.

The addition of the new audio downmix functions works well.

I noticed that you overhauled the menu highlight colors. Also no problems, the only thing is for folks who overinstall the new build over an older build will have to reselect the hightlight colors to get the colors they want.

As usual I did not test the new subtitle features, this should be tested by users who actually use subs.

My tests were under WinXP and Win7 - 64bit, Win10 users should make their own tests.

There were reports by Win10 users that the preview did not work for them. I cannot reproduce this.
Another Win10 related issue seems to be that Win10 updates can sometimes reset the preferred DS filters to the original MS DMO filters.

If you intend to release a last and final stable version of AVStoDVD there are a couple of considerations how you could harden it for the future. The DVD specs are static, only new source file formats may cause problems. The source filters should handle new formats, the problem I see is with MediaInfo. The current MediaInfo versions do not work with A2D since Zenitram changed the output format. But even if you made A2D compatible with current MediaInfo versions (which would mean a lot of work) there could still be problems in the future. Right now there are already issues with multichannel audio. There are many different 8-ch audio formats, and MediaInfo reports very different output for the number of channels. Sometimes A2D interprets such MediaInfo output as 0 channels. The workaround is to play the source file with a DS based player and check the LAV audio status tab which reports the number of channels which LAV sees. Then the user can manually change the number of audio input channels in A2D.

Of course Win10 updates are another threat for the future stability of A2D, but there is nothing you can do about it.

Whatever, as far as I am concerned this new build is ready to go stable...

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote