View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 22:33   #43  |  Link
Didée

Well, "much slower than MCBob" I can't reproduce ... with default settings it's about MCBob's speed, actually a tad faster.

But I agree that it's rather slow. A quick'n dirty test gave the following rough figures:
Code:
MCBob:            1.05 fps
TempGauss:        1.10 fps
YadifMod(NNEDI):  2.55 fps
MVBobFaster:      2.55 fps
NNEDI(field=-2):  2.60 fps
(Yes, my PC is a slow one.)

One reason for the low speed is that NNEDI is used as base for building the output, and NNEDI on it's own isn't exactly fast to begin with. Add to that all the additional MC stuff and error correction, and the result isn't a big surprise.

Now, for a little more fun, I've put up a new version.
It exposes MVAnalyse's blocksize & overlap as parameters, and allows to use either "NNEDI", "EEDI2" or "Yadif" as interpolators. Using this version with some fast settings, the table looks like this:
Code:
MCBob:            1.05 fps
TempGaussMC():    1.10 fps
YadifMod(NNEDI):  2.55 fps
MVBobFaster:      2.55 fps
NNEDI(field=-2):  2.60 fps
TempGaussMC (#1): 2.86 fps
TempGaussMC (#2): 3.60 fps
TempGaussMC (#3): 5.60 fps

---------------------------------
#1 : (2,1,1,true,false,EEDI,16/4)
#2 : (2,2,2,true,true,Yadif,16/4)
#3 : (2,1,1,true,false,Yadif,16/4)
If that's still not fast enough, you can specify "draft=1" (or 2) to get exactly that: a draft. (But hey, it's fast! )

Edit: and by now, EdiMode="EEDI2" is actually working *cough* ... (forgot to put SeparateFields from the 'devel' into the 'clean' of my local scripts, oh well)

..... and now also the case that "overlap" isn't explicitely specified, see below. Thanks.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)

Last edited by Didée; 24th May 2008 at 01:34.
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote