View Single Post
Old 31st August 2019, 20:09   #120  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Am currently updating an earlier image of W7 with MS updates, and had to again figure out how to put back
"Manage pairs of Web Pages and folder" option which is removed in W7.

Real annoying when they just omit an option that was available in previous issues.

See here for the "webpairs.reg" file which works perfectly on my system:- https://www.winhelponline.com/xp/webpairs.htm

Best use run Regedit.Exe and navigate to
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced"
Right click on "Folder" and Export your reg file as it currently exists (give it a name).

The reg file linked above will put back the option, and below saved as eg
"W7_REMOVE_Explorer_Link_HTML&Folders.reg"
will remove the "Thickets" entry added to the registry [removing the option from windows Explorer again],
keep the exported reg file in case of problems to restore as was originally.

W7_REMOVE_Explorer_Link_HTML&Folders.reg [EDIT: The below hyphen '-' in '[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' is a regedit delete key command for the \Thickets subkey]
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Thickets]
The linked webpairs.reg file adds these subkeys + other data [which above .reg file deletes]

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Thickets]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Thickets\AUTO]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Thickets\NOHIDE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Thickets\NONE]
Also, nice that I can come back here if I need to do it again.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 31st August 2019 at 20:26.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote