View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 06:44   #56354  |  Link
ttnuagmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
So i have a weird one that started happening maybe a month ago. Basically when I open a video with a player that is using MadVR, there is a chance that my computer will hard-lock. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I have tried with both Potplayer and MPC-HC.

I'm running a 3770K and a 980ti. I had the CPU overclocked, but returning to stock seemed to have no effect.

There have been 2 situations where I've noticed it.
  1. I'm opening a video - I never see a picture before it locks, it's always before there is a picture. This is without going fullscreen.
  2. Changing out a 3Dlut.

I'm pretty solidly convinced that it is not a hardware/stability issue. I can game all day long without issues. I have stress tested the CPU with IBT and the GPU with 3dmark stress test and have had absolutely no issues with that or doing anything else. The PC is watercooled and my temps are fine. There are no WHEA errors or any other kind of hints in the event log either.

I have tried all of the different decoders in LAV. I have tried it without LAV installed at all. I have tried several different Nvidia driver versions, using DDU with each install.

I'm convinced it has something to do with MadVR, because I have tried to replicate it using the default renderer and it doesn't happen. It also seems to be completely random. Sometimes I'll have opened several videos before it happens, and then go several more before it happens again. Sometimes it will happen 5 times in a row.

The thing that gets me though is that I had made no changes to anything from before it started to when it started. I was running the same GPU driver, hadn't changed any MadVR settings or any other filter settings. Maybe there was a Windows 10 update that did it? I've been on 1809 for several months.

any help would be appreciated.

edit: also, most of my video is played over a network, so to rule out anything network/harddisk related I tried it with local videos as well and it will still happen.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I still cannot figure it out, and this is the only situation that anything like this happens. My computer is otherwise perfectly stable.

I've tried everything I can think of short of re-installing windows.
ttnuagmada is offline   Reply With Quote