View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:41   #440  |  Link
Buck

Just a quick note of a possible program bug:

I recently used FindVUK (and DVDFab11) to read 2015 3D and Blu discs of Terminator: Genisys. Both noted that Disc wants BusEncryptionEnabled and drive has BusEncryptionSupport but FindVUK does not support BusEncryption at the moment VUK validation not possible at the moment - please check the VUK manually. Of course, the discs did not play in VLC with the complaint that there was no AACS file for them to work (I assumed this was normal in this circumstance of no BusEncryptionSupport).

The first time I tried this and attempted to copy the text in the commandline window, the program crashed (I guess) and the window disappeared. When I ran FindVUK again, an error message came up ..

A program error was detected.
Error Message: Invalid memory access
Error Code: -1073741819
Code Address: 5029037
Target Address: 653868
Sourcecode line: 247
Sourcode file: U:\PUREBASIC\~MODULE\mod.common_textfile.pbi

.. after which the program window disappeared again

Poking around, I try renaming various "backup" files to make them invisible to the program, in case something became out of sync, but the error message still came up on test reruns. Finally, I noticed a "v"-something folder (some kind of virtual memory folder?) and renamed that. Thereafter, FindVUK again ran normally, without crashing or error message.

All this indicated the FindVUK didn't reset everything after the original crash (for whatever reason) and re-ran with the old info/data in place, which caused another crash and error message. Such a bug could be eliminated by establishing a "clean slate" on each start-up.

Just FYI and hope it is useful.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote