View Single Post
Old 13th January 2018, 19:13   #48315  |  Link
Clammerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
Isn't 'smooth motion' a last resort setting and a huge memory hog?
To summarise some of the responses you may/have receive(d):
  • Some users don't like the delay when mode switching between different refresh rates
  • Some users cannot achieve (or want to put in the effort to achieve) perfect refresh rate matching
  • A lot of displays have "quirks" when using 23/24p refreshrates (downsampled chroma, cannot disable TV processing, internal judder in TV processing pipeline)
Regarding the latter, you'll also find a lot of users are willing to accept the quirks of the TV for temporal resolution/display BFI/etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
Hi, are there any tricks to searching on this forum
Try Google:
Code:
inurl:"https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228" "3D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden View Post
Trying to get my movies to stop being jerky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden View Post
new pic playing through remote desktop
You'll need to get a screenshot without RDP, and it may be useful to get a general idea if there's a trend in what the numbers are showing (e.g. presentation glitch number rises, or XYZ queue drops every Y often over a period of time where you see the issue occurring multiple times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
does anything one 90% is too high for NGU sharp medium on an RX 550?
There have been reports of people getting frame drops when pushing their GPUs to 90+% usage. One thing to keep in mind that since madVR uses multiple components of a GPU, the core GPU utilisation may not be a true indicator of what components are at their max utilisation. Testing and checking frame rendering times and frame drops is the only way to know for sure if you are over the max capabilities for your card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyside View Post
Well i tried everything, and there is basically 0, not 5% just 0 difference in IQ
At first glance there's a couple of differences that stand out to me, but I'm not really one to pixel peep. If you can't see a difference then there's nothing stopping you from using VMR9. No one is forcing you to use madVR, but at the same time, you likely won't find someone to hold your hand and tell you exactly what you should set.
You've seen a few suggestions of what may improve and what people prefer but it's up to you to try to find out what looks best to you, since only you have your eyes.
Clammerz is offline   Reply With Quote