View Single Post
Old 14th October 2014, 18:20   #1  |  Link
juliusfriedman

Managed Media Aggregation

Hello Guys,

I am the author of the Open Source project @ https://net7mma.codeplex.com/. (Managed Media Aggregation)

The library is Mono and Windows CLR Compatible and is targeted at the .Net 4.5.2 Run time to take advantage of SIMD Support via RyuJit.
The project is completely managed C# library which provides a RtpClient, RtspClient and RtspServer. (TCP/UDP and HTTP)

I have recently added support for all major video file formats including:

(mp4, mov, 3gp, f4v, etc)Base Media Files
(avi, riff) Resource Interchange Files
(ebml, mkv, mka) Extensible Binary Meta-Language / Matroska Files
(asf, wmv, wma) Advanced Systems / Windows Media Format
(.mxf, .omf, .aaf) Material Exchange Format.

The library can read information including:

File Level Properties including Meta Data.

Tracks Properties - Height, Width, Frame Rate / Sample Rate, Duration, Time Scale, Created and Modified Date, Channel Count and more.

Samples From Tracks is being developed now and will be ready within a few weeks which will make it a full featured demuxing solution.

After that Writing (Muxing support) and Decoding as well as Encoding support are planned.

The library already has better performance and lower memory usage in Rtp, Rtsp and File Parsing then FFMPEG and VLC and I plan to keep it on that path during the life cycle of it's development.

I am looking for any compatibility issues or bugs with the library and as I know this forum is where a lot of Audio and Video discussions are had I decided I would make a post here to spread the word.

If you notice absolutely anything including suggesting API changes or recommending support for a new format or simply a bug or typo please let me know either here or on the project discussion page.

*Please Stick if appropriate*

Last edited by juliusfriedman; 14th October 2014 at 18:37.
juliusfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote