View Single Post
Old 6th November 2010, 05:04   #9  |  Link
mariush

Had to disable AVG to make it run, its heuristics detects Qtcore4.dll as virus. Stupid AVG.

It's nice.. though there's lots of nitpicks I found about it but those are relatively normal for a tech preview.

Among I could mention, the output directory tree and a stupid behavior of accessing each subfolder when going in a subfolder, for example here's what happens when I clicked on the + icons in the tree going in a folder:

See? It queries the whole tree each time you click on a folder going deeper, which is kinda bad if you'd access a network drive for example if for some reason the OS doesn't cache it..

In addition, the output directory tree, when clicking on + to expand a drive, it automatically gets info from each file - it should only seek using FOLDERS OR LINK, not any kind of file. Maybe it's my antivirus though - I'm not sure.

Start File Monitor from SysInternals, set the filter to include only *lamexp* and you'll see what it happens.

There's also not detecting if a folder has subfolders or not, that blue rectangle popping up when the input folder tree gets focus.. you can select any kind of file (extension i mean but maybe it's because it's tech preview), not being able to select different output folders for each track (though this maybe is by design or not yet implemented).. there's usage of / instead of \ in the path above the output tree which may confuse people... some typo "loacated" ... i hope the program won't take that much time to load everytime it starts because of that extracting process ... and last the about sound is really childish and the least you could have made it play asynchronously so I don't get the feeling program is frozen while sound plays.

later edit: wonder why that tree thing only happens on drive C: and not drive T: or K: for example...

Last edited by mariush; 6th November 2010 at 05:08.
mariush is offline   Reply With Quote