View Single Post
Old 19th March 2009, 18:09   #18  |  Link
Gabriel_Bouvigne
L.A.M.E. developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaggoner View Post
AAC-LC is the plan. Licensing of it for something like Silverlight that's a platform to build other apps on can be complex, and we hadn't had requests for it from many customers yet. Feel free to pitch me on what kind of content you'd got that uses it.
I was suspecting a licensing issue.
Regarding content, any 3gp content would likely use either HE-AAC or HE-AACv2. Sure, they are low-res contents, but it would sometimes be convenient to be able to serve the same assets for different platforms (and having an audio decoder handling the full frequency range).
As Flash supports HE-AACv2, there are some websites pushing HE-AAC and HE-AACv2 content. Examples: BBC IPlayer, Joost

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaggoner View Post
Do you have a link? I hadn't heard that.
I don't have a direct link, as developers docs at Apple are requiring prior registration/login. However, within the "iPhone Streaming Media Guide for Web Developers" released on March 15th, it is clearly mentioned that iPhone 3.0 will support HE-AAC. To me it is then quite likely that Apple will push a QuickTime update on the same day as iPhone 3.0 will be released, bringing HE-AAC support.
Gabriel_Bouvigne is offline   Reply With Quote