View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:45   #4  |  Link
CruNcher

Without reading it i guess Nvidia won on the Quality Encoder Part of the DSP (Kepler) and Intel comes second (Ivy Bridge), both yet not able to reach x264 @ even superfast (on a newer Generation 4 Core Intel CPU (SB 32nm or Ivy 22nm ) with some optimizations (@ least subme 1/2) though most probably both DSP drawing less power overall for the given result (letting Nvidia win the Overall Balance of consumption,speed and quality) (Related from my own testing of their Encoder base throughout Development)

Nvidia didn't participated with their new DSP Encoder Core (in Kepler GPUs) only through Mainconcepts Cuda (Shader) Encoder (on the older 580 GTX) ?

also AMD seems not interested to show any of their Improvements (that's very surprising) ?

So in the end nothing really new from this test I've would have expected some more to be honest though i guess everyone is in full H.265 preperation

But @ least getting results from the newer Nvidia DSP Core (Nvidia could have put you under NDA) instead of Mainconcepts Shader Core would have been nice, you get these results practically already everywhere else on the web now.

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 23rd June 2012 at 14:58.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote