View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:32   #8891  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@jdobbs;
It seems like my luck, or lack of, is such that the past several full backups to BD5/9 are discs with PiP. I continue to have the no audio heard issue on any title that has PiP, and with some discs having multiple titles with PiP on the same disc, it can be frustrating. I don't really have any other problems with my Sony S360, nor do want to invest in another player.
My latest test, which I again went with BD5 to burn to DVD+RW for testing, was of True Blood Season 1 disc 1. The 2 episodes both have PiP with DTS Express secondary audio.
I have tried keeping PiP and not keeping PiP, but my results are the same. When I keep PiP, it does not display on my BD5/9 backups too. But either way, no audio for either title.
Do you have these same issues with these type of discs?
I know I am successful with movie only backups, but it seems wasteful to put only 54 minutes or 58 minutes on episode discs like this to one BD5.
Yes I do. It only happens with DTS Express PiP and only on the Sony players. I'm confident that at least part of the problem is in the Sony firmware -- because the exact same image works on BD-25. But if I can find a workaround I'll do it. One idea is to put a blank AC3 track to replace the DTS Express and then change the reference in the MPLS. The ideal solution is to actually demux/remux just that track and that's what I'm working on. The problem is that I either have to do the entire mux all myself, or integrate the demuxed audio by inserting it after-the-fact -- the first is an incredible amount of research and time (I'd essentially be rewriting TSMUXER), and the second adds considerable time to the encode process.

To worsen it -- I'm not positive that doing all this will make it work on the Sony on BD-9... I'm just guessing that putting something there for that track will correct it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd July 2010 at 16:42.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote