View Single Post
Old 19th June 2016, 22:48   #2951  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Hello, Mister XY.

Regarding BM, you are working outside of the perimeter of its intended usage & OS environment. Furthermore my knowledge about wine is almost insignificant. However let me try to give some help at the best of my possibilities...

First of all you should understand the purpose of BM, as a background information. BatchMux is simply a "compiler"; it creates one authoring "program" (e.g. the MuxMan mxp script file) from the directives and instructions provided by AVS2DVD. Of course, in order to be consistent (and to work properly), this mxp script is referencing and needs a series of inputs (the authoring assets). After creating the mxp script, BM tries to launch MuxMan, by feeding it with the just created mxp script file. OK? That's all! :-)

Now, some hints.
1. BM does not need external libreries. To check BM is properly working, you may want to simply launch it FROM A CONSOLE window. After simply typing "BatchMux.exe", it should produce a basic help screen, both under Windows and in wine.

2. During the testing, obviously, it is important to work by instructing AVS2DVD to leave all temporary assets and temporary files in the working directories; otherwise these files are deleted at the end of the AVS2DVD session.

3. From your log file it seems to me that BM operates correctly until the step of creating the mxp file. After obeying to the recommendation of the step 2 above, could you please confirm that the file "Z:\home\thomas\DVD\Temp\DVD_MuxMan.mxp" exists? If so, you can open it with a text editor to get a look at the MuxMan script file... :-)

4. From your log file, BM reports that the preparation of the mxp script file was completed: "Completed preparation of --> MUXMAN SCRIPT", so I am almost sure that the step 3 above was carried out OK in the wine environment.

5. To launch MuxMan, in the the very final steps of the BM code, an OS call similar to "system ("Start /WAIT MuxMan.exe")" is executed, so IN MY UNDERSTANDING, two possibilities exist: or the system call executed by BM is failing under wine, or the system call is working, but MuxMan itself is not working in wine. For sure MuxMan did not start at all in your reported testing session, since it did not produce any log file, as reported in the log line: "BatchMux: ERROR opening Log File Z:\home\thomas\DVD\Temp\DVD_MuxMan.log".

6. Please carry our this test under wine: manually launch MuxMan (simply double click on it). The graphic GUI of MuxMan should start. If so, you please can do: File --> Load Project and open the mxp script file of the step 3. If you simply hit then "Start", you should be able to create manually, with a single click, the whole DVD!!!

OK?

Cheers,
SD

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 19th June 2016 at 22:52.
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote