Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2019, 21:26   #4852  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrsloik View Post
The reason for not adding caches is simple: avoid insane amounts of useless cache instances from being created. This is a very reasonable tradeoff since the max depth of sane uncached operations is about 10 or so. Not many millions. In typical cases the reduced cache overhead will provide a speedup. That's right! It goes faster for everybody except you!

What you've done here is implement the video scripting equivalent of an extremely inefficient algorithm. I personally view this like someone implementing bubble sort and then complaining about poor performance. Avisynth is a programming language and nobody can protect you from your own shortcomings. It's similar to how Matlab is really slow unless you figure out a way to express things as matrix operations. You have to work with the programming language, NOT AGAINST IT.
1) Thanks for the useful information. Then I stand corrected, sir.

2) And then I don't know why pinterf wrote ""historical" reasons" instead of giving a straight-to-the-point answer like yours. Perhaps that was a misplaced joke or/and his "sense of humor" is broken......

P.S.:

3) I am not VoodooFX alright

Last edited by filler56789; 26th August 2019 at 21:40.