Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 16th September 2013, 07:08   #3  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
A couple of observations after running a bunch of my test scripts:
Exception handling is different than the official (and my ICL) DLL.
You should mention that the DLL is dynamically linked and that one needs the VC2012 runtime DLLs. I had to figure this out with Dependency Walker.

All this was tested on XP32, SP3.
Thanks, later today (after work) I'll reupload a version built with VS2005 to decrease the probability of VC runtimes needing to be installed. I'll also take a look at the exception handling problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
The performance is about the same as with the official DLL, sometimes a little bit better. The ICL DLL is in some rare cases much faster.
That is about expected. As I mentioned in my original post, the optimizations are mostly to the initialization path. During frame-processing most time is spent in the plugins, BitBlt, and video frame allocation. I wasn't able to make BitBlt conclusively faster for now, and I've yet to take a closer look at the frame allocation path. Either way, most time is still spent in the plugins, so the only way to really speed Avisynth up is to improve the plugins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
If for no other reason, this certainly makes the sources dead simple to build for those of us used to cross-compiling.
Making it easy to build was the primary goal for now after all. Thanks for the additional instructions too. But as a note to others, you don't need the command line to compile if you are not familiar with it. Using CMake GUI and the VS IDE allows you to accomplish everything, even disabling the build of DirectShowSource (just unload the project in the IDE).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
What would be great is if we could start working on making the AVS core 32/64-bit safe.
That is one of my long-term goals, it will probably take a lot of time though and I'm not working on that directly right now.

Last edited by ultim; 16th September 2013 at 07:52.