Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 16th September 2013, 11:40   #14  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

It is true that there is a lot of noise. However, I disagree that they hide the useful differences, because I always kept them separate. For example, any time I moved files I did that in a separate commit without changing contents, so that Git can clearly tell that it was only a rename, and I only changed the files in the next commit. Never in the same commit so that Git recognize moved files and not flag them as removed/added.

Also, important commits which fix bugs or affect well-defined features are also committed separately, to prevent them from mixing with "unimportant" changes. I was under the impression that you are also using Git, because your latest changes are in Git on GitHub. If you are in fact using Git, my changes will apply cleanly if you merge from my repository, and not export/import patchfiles. And even if you are using SVN, there are working bridges between Git and SVN so you can still pull my changes.

So I don't really see your problem, especially because I *did* keep noise and useful changes in separate commits.

Edit: Btw, telling me that I have randomized the file locations went a bit overboard. Anyone who checks out my repository can tell that the project structure is a thousand times cleaner than it ever was in the history of Avisynth.

Last edited by ultim; 16th September 2013 at 14:22.