View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2020, 21:07   #5  |  Link
hello_hello

I've re-written a lot of the CropResizeMeGUI function. It still works exactly as before (the examples posted earlier will still work) but it now includes all the CropResize arguments, so it can be used in a similar way, only with MeGUI doing the cropping and resizing.

There's also a new version of CropResize here.

There's MeGUI limitations that are hard to work around.... mainly not being able to automatically add the original source aspect ratio to a script before cropping so CropResize can see it, or not being able to freely resize with MeGUI when anamorphic encoding is enabled (you can only choose the width)... so having the CropResize arguments available for CropResizeMeGUI will really only be useful for experienced users of the CropResize function. Here's one example though.....

I want to take a 720p source (1280x544), crop the side crud, and resize for a 16:9 DVD while adding borders to suit. If you don't want to be playing with a calculator you could start with the following template, normally used for resizing a non anamorphic source with CropResize.

<input>
<deinterlace>
<crop>
<denoise>
CropResizeMeGUI("<resize>",OutType=1,Mod=2,HMod=2,Resizer="")

This would be the 720p source (thumbnails):

With MeGUI you'd crop and resize to (NTSC) DVD dimensions.
CropResize crops a heap of picture from the sides to prevent aspect error (which we don't want to do) and it looks like this:

The resizing line has become:
CropResizeMeGUI("Spline36Resize(720,480) # Spline36 (Neutral)",OutType=1,Mod=2,HMod=2,Resizer="")

Next we add a couple of new arguments to the resizing line for CropResize:
CropResizeMeGUI("Spline36Resize(720,480) # Spline36 (Neutral)",OutType=1,Mod=2,HMod=2,Resizer="", OutDAR=16.0/9.0,Borders=true,ColorMode="709-601")

And finally we refresh the preview and have an NTSC 16:9 picture with borders:

I added the CropResize arguments to CropResizeMeGUI after realising for me they'd be useful, but they probably won't mean much unless you're familiar with the CropResize function and know how to use it.

The new version is dated 2020-06-23.

Last edited by hello_hello; 22nd June 2020 at 21:16.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote