View Single Post
Old 11th December 2018, 11:31   #16412  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
It's a new one for this build.
I know
Quote:
I'm guessin' that adding this line/switch, it will enable either the CPU or GPU to work when this filter is chosen.
correct. This was kindly added because, so this ways I can include machines without GPU in a encoding swarm. Works good.
Quote:
All I want to know is if I want to enable the GPU, is it in the square brackets on it's own ??
By default, you first go to the settings, choose the openCL device you would like to use (in case you have different ones) and then you don't have to do anything more if you have a GPU installed. In my case, The CPU doesn't show up in the settings, so I can force the CPU usage for OPENCL via this command line via

Quote:
knlmeanscl-opencl-device-type CPU
And then there's this one:-

Quote:
/knlmeanscl-opencl-device-id [integer], where do I get the integer info from ??, is that on the OpenCL page, in Settings ??
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

Here you set the OPEN CL device (in case you have multiple ones - everyone has an ID (1, 2, 3, etc..), so you put the number of the Device you want to use in here...

On some PCs, I have AMD OPENCL drivers as well as the Intel GPU drivers - so I have two "decvices" here and could choose which one to use (helps in some cases with older hardware, since different OPENCL drivers support different Levels of OPENCL...)
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote