View Single Post
Old 14th November 2018, 20:17   #37  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench View Post
Not sure what the expectation might have been, but on a Windows 10 x64 machine where I was running StaxRip 1.9.0.0 successfully including ffmpeg.exe encoding, when I tried to run StaxRip 2.0.0.0 on that same machine StaxRip didn't prompt me for any application installation updates. But ffmpeg failed to run, citing only the generic STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND (0xC0000135) in the StaxRip log.

Attempting to run ffmpeg.exe manually outside of StaxRip 2.0.0.0 reported VSScript.dll wasn't being found. Attempting to launch the VapourSynth installer failed because a suitable Python installation wasn't found. After installing Python, VapourSynth installation required download of the VC_REDIST for C++ 2017.

I think the expectation was that StaxRip 2.0.0.0 needed to realize the installations that hadn't occurred yet, rather than just hitting the non-descript failure to run ffmpeg.exe. So for what it's worth.
FFMpeg has been Completely Rebuilt and Stripped away any unless codecs. It's under 50 Mbs right now.

The readme/changelog tells you it requires VC_REDIST for C++ 2017. Windows 10 post Launch build has it already installed. It's nothing new that C++ runtimes are required, after all it runs on dotnet.