Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2018, 16:31   #4018  |  Link
`Orum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
The method of filling the variable is a workaround hack which probably works only when the variable is constant.
Ah, that's unfortunate. I don't suppose there's any chance this will change in the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
You can define a filter to NonCachedGenericVideoFilter
Correct me if I'm wrong but this won't fix the issue if, for example, you have a script like this:
Code:
FFVideoSource("foo.mkv")
bar()
myfilter()
If bar() is someone else's filter that's cached and does frame requests outside of the current frame, my filter would still have issues getting the correct FFPICT_TYPE, right?

Edit: Now that I think about it, even if AviSynth+ cached these it would still require the earlier filter to do the request for any non-offset frames last. For instance, if you think about a filter that does a temporal blend of frame 'f' with radius 'x' (forward and backward), it would still have to request frame 'f' last and not frame 'f + x' to get the variable correct. It seems like a better solution is to either parse the the FFVideoSource() cache (if that even contains the picture types), or the source file itself, but neither is friendly if there's a simple Trim() in the script before it hits myfilter(). In any case, there's no general solution, as even the idea of a picture type disappears with any temporal filtering.

Last edited by `Orum; 29th March 2018 at 18:17.