View Single Post
Old 15th August 2010, 18:28   #9237  |  Link
Hookahice

PS3 Black Screen Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebjones View Post
......I have recently ran into a problem backing up "The Warlords". My PS3 recognizes my BD-R and it appears to start, but then the screen goes blank/black and I'm unable to do anything except quit the movie.......
Hey there ebjones!

First of all, chillout!!!! Let's not make jdobbs engry... He is the freaking reason we are able to do what we do here using his knowledge and code! Let's keep this project going and be thankfull it has reached thus far!!!
And please remember, it’s not Dell Customer service center here... not everybody has the same environment/configuration so things that you may consider as bug(s) might be just on your side...no reason to get impatient.

Anyways, you are describing an exact same issue that I have seen before with PS3,,, Although this happened to me a while back so I can’t remember exactly what I did or which movie it was... (damn it!!!)
When inserting a movie (25GB encoded, tried both movie-only and full) into the PS3, the screen goes blank/black without the ability to do anything. Another movie did the same thing (blank/black screen) but audio was playing...
You might want to try and press "Select" on your PS3 controller to see what your PS3 is able to decode - this is an example of a movie that goes blank/black screen and plays music:

As you can see the PS3 is unable to even decode or recognize the Video codec used in the movie and therefor not playing the video.

All I remember is that this is not consistent or pertaining to a specific codec... to better troubleshoot this, I should probably extract the information using BDEdit from the Blu-Ray movie that goes blank/black and do the same for the same movie that was successful (plays both audio and video) and see the differences (if any).
I will let you know if I find anything...or better yet, remember what I did to fix it...I just didn't run into this problem lately so it has been a while since I last encounter this issue...

Just a side question, have you tried using Movie-Only Backup? Or just Full Backup as your log describes? same results?
Hookahice is offline   Reply With Quote