View Single Post
Old 24th May 2013, 16:15   #17292  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
(I use custom size: 24000 for that), it turned out that the first blu-ray was perfect in size like usual, but the 2 other blu-rays turned out to be about 25.500.00.000 in size
24000 MB will certainly fit within the capacity of a 25GB BD-R. The problem is that true final size won't be known until the encode has been completed. The bit-size of each frame of film will vary depending upon the content, and BD-RB cannot predict that with 100% accuracy ahead of time. So your 24000 setting is just a target, and BD-RB tries to hit it as best it can.

If you do as JDobbs suggests, and use the default setting (23500 MB), then there will be a little more elbow room for an undersized estimate to still fit on a BD-25 disc.

I use a custom setting of 24200 MB and this almost always gives a burn size of 98% according to ImgBurn. I always use good quality media, so that edge problems (burning close to the max capacity of the disc) should be minimized. I've never detected a problem. I do occasionally get an over-sized rebuild, of course, but probably less than 10% of the time. I just reduce the target and run the process again for that title.

Hope this helps.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote