View Single Post
Old 6th December 2018, 15:48   #6674  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Based on the current issues (see above) I cannot fully change it as I would like it as I do not have the time for it. So in 2896 this will be partially changed/adjusted based on your feedback.
Cheers.

So far so good. I assume it's not possible to completely fix the DGIndexNV problem with mod2 video.
I made another sample, 602x362 this time. DGIndexNV adds "CLIP 0 6 0 6" to the index file, but it seems only the mod4 part of the padding is cropped. The rest is resized. There's probably nothing MeGUI could do to work around that.

There also seems to be some frame rate oddness. When I opened the original vob file I used to create the mod2 test MKV with DGIndexNV, it showed the frame rate as 29.970030 and the index file said
FPS 30000 / 1001
However for the MKV encode I made from the vob file, DGIndexNV itself showed 29.970031, but the index file said
FPS 299700 / 10000

As well as the mod2 problem videoh said doesn't need fixing because it's not a problem, you can see the LWLibavVideoSource vs DGDecode frame rate difference in the screenshots. Maybe MeGUI should automatically add AssumeFPS to a DGSource script?

LWLibavVideoSource("D:\test.mkv.lwi")

DGSource("D:\test.dgi")

The rest of the GUI unfriendliness seems to have been worked around, although given there's mod2 issues preventing MeGUI from correctly calculating any aspect error, I'd consider blocking DGIndexNV for mod2 sources.

Thanks for the hard work!

Last edited by hello_hello; 6th December 2018 at 15:55.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote