View Single Post
Old 20th May 2019, 17:20   #6281  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
What does this mean exactly? How do you start it? Via File -> Open?
And which MPC-BE version? Latest stable?
Last MPC-BE Stable, but also as I said older versions I tried.

I simply drop the UHD BD Folder in the MPC-BE window, or I start the .mpls directly from the "recent files".

Or the title is selected in MyMovies and launched that way (as a BD folder).

I used to have issues only with MyMovies initially, and only with some titles (it started with The Meg), but now even playing a test file such as a HDR pattern from the Masciola's set of UHD test patterns fails. All the movies titles are rips from my original discs, not dogy downloads.

MPC-HC plays all these files/folders flawlessly, and so does jRiver, so it's not the content but something weird that happened with MPC-BE on that rig and can't be undone, even with a full uninstall including reset to defaults and registry section delete.

I have MPC-BE working with these same titles on my MBP, so I know the software is still working for most, I've just never experienced a situation where I couldn't get MPC-BE to work on my HTPC, which is my main rig to play movies.

I'm asking in case someone has experienced something similar recently and has found a solution. Otherwise I'll have to stick with MPC-HC, as it's working fine, but I prefer MPC-BE a lot more.
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K

Last edited by Manni; 20th May 2019 at 17:24.
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote