View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2011, 19:47   #243  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr soft View Post
again for all your work.

A few hiccups I’ve encountered.
It ignores language selected on install, does it install by region ? I ask because I have an English OS with a Spanish keyboard and Spanish region selected, I select English, it then installs in Spanish.
Well, the language you select in the installer is for the install program. It does not (yet) influence the (initial) language of the main program.

The language of the main program should default to your system's language (if we have that language, otherwise English) and can be changed in the language menu.

Making the installer set the initial language would make sense. But unfortunately we have much more main program translations than installer translations...

Quote:
It doesn’t seem to be importing my old settings, ie. I uninstalled the older version selecting, keep settings. installed newer version and it outputs files at the default installation settings. I then reverted back to the 3.6 final build and all my compression/settings were automatically recognized. I´m also still experiencing a lot of lag when selecting output, ( am I the only one ?) this is also not present with 3.6 final
The configuration is stored separately for each version, as with every version new settings might be introduced, obsolete settings might be removed and/or existing settings might change their meaning. Version 3.xx and version 4.xx use completely different configuration files anyway, as the application has been rewritten from the scratch.

Quote:
Oh yeh , almost forgot , you asked about antivirus, I´m using Avira.
In my experience Avira Antivir has one of the fastest real-time scanners. Also Avira support responds quickly to report of false positives.

Quote:
Ps what happened to the floating mines when you click about, and the moving cd.
These were cookies, not mines. The 'feature' was removed to avoid confusion. But I can add something similar to v4.xx

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 24th April 2011 at 22:09.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote