View Single Post
Old 18th April 2019, 18:02   #15  |  Link
Cary Knoop
Cary Knoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine View Post
Like in his post, my input video is SD DV, yuv411 and 601 color matrix, so I just went with his approach. Much of this stuff is well over my head!
You video is Rec.601 when you upscale it to HD I would convert it to Rec.709. At any rate, using Rec.709 as input is incorrect (as was already mentioned in the BM thread). Also, the primaries should be converted.

Quote:
Good catch, if I understand correctly, this only affects compression ratio and output file size, right? So I could go say "medium", without affecting the video quality right? Just use more disk space (I've got ~20-30 TB available, so no biggie).
The quality is determined by the CRF option, all that faster processing will do is to make the compression less effective but that only translates into a slightly larger file.

Quote:
Interesting idea! You mention bob deinterlacing. QTGMC produces such nice deinterlaced output, is there a reason I'd not want to use QTGMC?
QTGMC is way better than bob deinterlacing. Edited to add: poisondeathray made already clear he meant bob deinterlacing as part of QTGMC.

Last edited by Cary Knoop; 18th April 2019 at 18:04.
Cary Knoop is offline   Reply With Quote