View Single Post
Old 12th December 2016, 08:57   #5252  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Thanks, that would be great
Good news. It appears I've been using v1.0.0.6 which has that bug. Was not aware there is a 1.0.0.7 beta (the one you're using) which does not. The warning can be lifted off then. Sorry for misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
These files are already deleted. You do have the deletion of intermediate files enabled, don't you?
I do not have that enabled in settings. I assumed it deletes stuff I may like to revisit or reuse, so I never had. For example, video only mkv/mp4 files, I may want to mux them again if I wanted to add or remove something from
the initial mux.

Trying it now, I see it does a nice cleanup. However when multi streams is enabled, all the various vobsubs outputs have the same size, which is identical to single file mode with all the streams included.

I tried a dvd with lots of lang streams. Single file for all is 25mb for .sub, split into langs, each .sub is 25mb too even though it only includes one lang. I'm guessing the pointers on .idx are just for the selected lang but the .sub
maintains the entire bitmap.

I tried a DVD with a closed captions stream in it, it seems the extraction routine goes: Demuxing closed captions -- demuxing vobsubs -- demuxing forced subs.
you end up with all the next files for the CC stream:

Code:
01_VTS_01_1.cc.raw
01_VTS_01_1.cc.srt
01_VTS_01_1.cc.utf16be.srt
01_VTS_01_1.cc.utf16le.srt
01_VTS_01_1.cc.utf8.srt
01_VTS_01_1_forced.cc.raw
01_VTS_01_1_forced.cc.srt
01_VTS_01_1_forced.cc.utf16be.srt
01_VTS_01_1_forced.cc.utf16le.srt
01_VTS_01_1_forced.cc.utf8.srt
That's with deletion of intermediate files enabled. I don't know if you wished to keep those or not. They can be useful, but not all of them are needed + CC never has forced subs, also extracting them adds quite a bit of time to the
process as VSRip runs the extraction process 3 times.

Last edited by mini-moose; 12th December 2016 at 10:10.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote