View Single Post
Old 14th December 2018, 05:54   #16  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Anyway, it may have nothing to do with the problem, but it might be worth a look. If you find out whether gMKVExtract is counting orphaned B frames as a video delay, could you let us know?
Alright, I captured a short clip from DVB-T2 (1080p, HEVC video and AAC-LATM audio, 50fps). After repacking it to MKV using the current MKVMerge MediaInfo reported an audio delay value of -855ms. The captured MTS file as well as the repacked MKV file play correctly in all my software players.

Extracting the audio track with gMKVExtract resulted in an audio file with the same delay value as the one reported by MediaInfo. Muxing this extracted audio file back into the MKV with MKVMerge automatically honored the audio delay value which resulted in an MKV file with audio completely out of sync. MKVMerge should have discarded the delay value from the extracted audio file name.

This is the reason why I always remove the delay value from audio files extracted with gMKVExtract. The old MKVExtractGUI by pashin which did not care about audio delays worked better for me.

I am not sure if this has anything to do with orphaned B-Frames at the beginning of the file. I simply do not know if the file has orphaned B-Frames because I do not know the behavior of the source filter. I tried to open the captured MTS file as well as the repacked MKV in AviDemux, and for both files the first frame was indicated as an I-Frame.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote