View Single Post
Old 25th March 2011, 14:43   #30  |  Link
Gew
Observer

Hi (again) guys.
This is quite embarrassing, erhm, but erhm, it seemed, I was wrong about Debut.

x264vfw/MPEG2/Xvid produces a great amount of lag and dropped frames. Debut's internal MPEG4 (H.263-isch) encoder with AAC sound encapsulated in MP4/MOV works though, also WMV works fine. Losless YUY2, and it's compressed variants Lagarith, FFV1, HuffYUV etc works also. Thing is, which all these has in common, they tend to drop out of frame sooner or later. This is not easy to fix, as it's not a fixed delay, but more or less by random, during the capture. Debut sometimes reports lots of lost frames, and sometimes it reports 0 lost frames. Either ways, sync often goes bad. I thought it would be the poor Asus Eee's VGA webcam that was to blame, i.e. nothing to do about it.

However(!), I tried downloading the W7 software "Expression Encoder". With this, I'm able to capture VC1/WMA@ .WMV without any bad sync at all. The software feels bloat though, and I would much like to find some software that can handle various VfW formats (eg. lossless codecs). So, therefor I'm back in this thread. Any ideas about software I could try?
Gew is offline   Reply With Quote