View Single Post
Old 17th November 2019, 15:35   #827  |  Link
von Suppé

Build-up of SUP

Hi Nikse,

I am figuring out how to to deal with some issues I run into when using another subtitle tool, regarding SUP --> XML/PNG conversion and vice versa. In doing so, but also for just wanting to know this now, I ask myself, how are BD SUP files build up?
Since SubtitleEdit can export to BD SUP, I wonder if you can make some things clear.

As for graphics, of course I can export SUP to XML/PNG and take a look at the .png images. Doing this with an image-editor, it tells me that it's "2D" (only 1 layer) and of course it carries opacity-data.
Again, this is after SUP --> PNG/XML conversion. Are the pictures in SUP indeed stored as "2D" PNG (or uncompressed BMP32) or is there more to them?

Also (this would be ages ago) I read something about the picture's I/O timings being defined differently, using framenumbers & framerate instead of time-codes such as used in SRT. Never giving it more thought at the time, but now it's more topical for me.

I hope you can shed more light - for a newbie, as this is the first time I go more deeper into SUP.
von Suppé is offline   Reply With Quote