View Single Post
Old 21st February 2015, 07:49   #36  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
It looks like nonsense to me. If image doubling is performed with YCbCr 4:4:4, the RGB conversion should not be occurred directly before image doubling. So the arrow might be from chroma upsampling to image doubling IMO. Your flow chart really helps to understand a glimpse of rendering stages.
I know that image doubling will always do a conversion to YCbCr even if doubling both luma and chroma with the same number of neurons. I don't think madVR will skip the RGB conversion before scaling if doing image doubling but I could be wrong.
edit: I think this step also does all the needed color space conversions (e.g. BT.601 to RGB or BT.709 to RGB) while only one matrix is used in image doubling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
ps. I guess deinterlacing is likely to be placed at the very first stage of the flow chart. It's hard to think deinterlacing after image processing: Lav - deinterlacing - deband. Just my guess
I would assume this as well but does the video come out of deinterlacing as RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4? Maybe I will add it there and assume it returns as 4:2:0.
edit: after testing it is obvious chroma scaling is done after deinterlacing so I think it is safe to say the chroma is returned as 4:2:2 or 4:2:0. I think it might be 4:2:2 actually

edit: New chart with deinterlacing. Please let me know if I need to add / correct anything.

Last edited by Asmodian; 21st February 2015 at 10:02. Reason: added new chart
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote