Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 21st June 2017, 18:22   #311  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
Oh I make a wrong description, the one that spikes up on seek is the cpu usage. Sample here, it's 720x546, seeking seems to work fine for the first 1:52, then any seek after that will spike cpu usage to 100%
Looks like "hangs" here is wrong too. Yes it takes time to decode but eventually it does finish.
I know one problem which I may try to solve: currently "caching input driver" does not allow to abort decoding. This can make a difference if you request one frame, and immediately request another. With fcchandler mkv driver you can do this, gui will appear more responsive, but to get any picture displayed you actually have to wait. It is a 250 frame gop.
Btw it may help if you see keyframes, press edit->markers from keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansing View Post
Another problem I saw, on a 1920x1080 x264 10 bit mkv, memory jumps to 3.2G on a few random seeks and capped there.

With a 1920x1080 x264 8 bit mkv, memory usage will cap at 1.6G on the same procedure.

And for both type above, clicking the play0 button will kind of froze the program. It didn't hangs but the program didn't respond to any command after.
Nothing wrong about memory. With long gop and large frames it can take all your memory. You can see about memory use in "file information" dialog.
"didn't respond" is not good, did you have to terminate the process? How much memory you had (total physical)? Maybe OS tried hard to swap out to disk?