View Single Post
Old 7th November 2013, 08:28   #7  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
I was able to get it to work, no less with a VC-1 based video no less that Vegas doesn't open. Unlike first try which I did 64-bit avisynth, used all 32-bit on my system. Errored of no codec but adding ConvertToYUY2() to the avisynth script did the trick. Now once it's done converting and saving see if its a viable option visually over doing a lossless conversion to mp4 so Vegas can open it.
I use 32 bit Vegas on Win 7 64-bit and it works fine. I have encountered the same problems you mention, however, on 64-bit Vegas, but haven't spent much time investigating it as I am happy with 32-bit Vegas for this type of project. If you do figure out how to make it work on Vegas 64, please share.

As regards the speed of editing this way, the timeline is in fact slower than an intermediate codec, but if you are using a VP5 NVidia card together with DGIndexNV, or if you have a fast 4-core+ processor and turn on the multi-thread option in FFMSIndex I find the speed more than acceptable for most editing jobs.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote