View Single Post
Old 24th June 2017, 01:38   #26091  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's not true. In fact BD-RB modifies any and all files that are affected and need to be updated by a reencode. But only if BD-RB does the reencode (it can't know when someone is dropping in other replacement files).
Hmmm, maybe that's the key...

Remember, I did use BDRB first to compress the 11 Gig Xtra down to about 2.6 Gigs. Then I took that one m2ts and put it back into the full Blu-ray structure and replaced the previous 11 Gig m2ts. Then I used BDRB to process the entire disc as I normally would. So, however that worked, BDRB accepted the 'whole disc' and processed it even though I had substituted the BDRB processed m2ts back into the original structure.

So, YOU would certainly know better WHY, but for whatever reason, when BDRB 'read' and processed the entire modified structure, it didn't get tripped up by the fact that the one m2ts had been replaced.

Of course, once it was done processing the entire disc it obviously had altered everything within it as it normally would. Now, I don't know if it would have made a difference if I had just processed the m2ts file independently using x264 with a CMD line. Maybe since I used BDRB to process the file first it saw it as 'friendly'...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote